Tuesday, April 3, 2012

People. They destroy an airline. (Part 2 of 2)

About 2 months ago, I posted the following:

People. They destroy an airline. (Part 1 of 2)

Now, I think it is absolutely the good time to talk about it.

As you may aware, I took "People. They destroy an airline." exactly from Cathay Pacific's "People. They make an airline." which is CX's most recent marketing campaign, describing how Cathay Pacific is excellent in service.

Without going into the detail (as if you have read my blog, you should have know my issues with CX), I have emailed my concern about CX's service via Macro Polo Club. Just in case, I have sent the exact same thing by traditional method - Mail.

I sent the email on January 29, 2012. The letter was sent same day.

I have received the following on February 7, 2012 as response:


"Our Ref: XXXXXXX

Dear Mr Kung

We acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

We are currently conducting a review of this matter with the relevant
party, and will write to you within 20 business days from the issue date
of this acknowledgement letter.

Thank you for contacting us.

Yours sincerely


Customer Relations Department
Cathay Pacific Airways

(This is a computer generated reply.  No signature is required.)"

As of now - this was the only response I have ever received.

Due to CX's recent IT upgrade, all phone lines are busy (and even dead tones).

But there is a thing I am certain with my entire experience with Cathay Pacific, which Cathay Pacific basically fails every single aspect of customer service.

Officially, I can classify myself as the unluckiest passenger Cathay Pacific ever has.

I have traveled with quite a few airlines. Cathay Pacific was one of the Skytrax's 5 star airlines that I have every traveled (another one is Singapore Airlines). The best rating get me the worst customer service.

Some people may think that (due to my past comments) I naturally hate Cathay Pacific (which I am not).

But based on my experience, the fact pretty much speaks the truth for me.

People. They really destroy an airline.





No comments:

Post a Comment