Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sleeping During Flight - Facing the Reality

When reading Consumerist (a blog that talk about how consumers fight the big C), I come across with this New York Time article (or should I say another blog):

Cramped in Coach, or the Science of Sleep

To me, the article is totally B.S. For real, I have my reasons.

Everyone is different. Period. You can't simply "borrow" someone's advices.For instance, a lot of people want 1K. But I insist for Premier Executive/Premier Gold (If you want to know why, see my post yesterday).

You need to explore for yourself.

In this instance, sleeping. I have been traveled on International flat-bed business, Domestic First and Business, as well as regular and premium Economy seats.My conclusion is having a nice condition does not mean you can sleep good.

There is a lot of things that can impact a traveler to sleep, like turbulence, noise (especially from the babies), your seatmates, the seats, and you, regardless classes of travel. Even the in-flight services can affect you as well.

While there is a lot of wild cards out there, I will simply focus on "YOU".

You know the best way you can go to sleep.

You know why you can't sleep.

You know "YOU".

Simply saying, if you have no problem sleeping when you are up in the air, then sleep.

If you have a problem and you know an effective solution for yourself (not from others), then use it if you want to sleep.

If you have a problem and you don't know what to do, then embrace the problem - either you find your own effective way to help you to sleep, or find something for you to do instead of sleeping (except Mile High Club for sure). Don't ever force yourself to sleep.

The most important is you face the reality - it isn't your own home and bed, and your own exclusive sleepmates. For sure, you will not be definitely get used to sleep in the air.

Accept the reality and work on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment